Just Ask is an after-school support project located in the heart of Dublin’s North West Inner City which transforms the lives of children and young people aged 6-18 years living in extremely challenging circumstances through educational support. It provides weekly activities for up to 120 children, teens and their families.
After School Club Monday to Thursday
(Primary & Secondary age children)
Just A.S.K. activities include:
- Provides nutritious meals for children after school
- Promotes learning of core skills such as literacy and numeracy through homework assistance, particularly for those struggling with the education system
- Provides fun activities where they can exercise, be creative and build relationships
- Rewards young people with outings, Summer camps and weekend retreats throughout the year
- The 12 step programme seeking to challenge teens to think ahead and prepare for their future.
- Provides them with an opportunity to participate in group work that inspires them socially and physically
- Provides vital educational support for students as they make the transition from primary and progress through secondary school
- Reduces antisocial behavior young people engage in by providing appropriate and meaningful alternatives
- Organises regular trips out of the area (e.g. to Howth) , residential camps and projects during school holidays
- Leads to more young people in the area completing school
- Provides young people from an area of high unemployment, social problems and negative stereotypes with a structure and positive path, which in turn instills confidence, a pride in their community and increased opportunities to achieve success in their lives.
Just A.S.K. also run school based work that helps young people adjust to the change from primary to secondary education.
As part of our extensive summer programs Just A.S.K. runs 3 residential summer camps for Children 7-12, Teens and a Family camp.